Our Drug and Alcohol Detox Center
The physical process of detoxification can be uncomfortable and sometimes painful. The exact treatment will depend on multiple factors including the amount of a substance someone is abusing, how often they take the drug, how long the drug was abused, and the substance itself. Each person can experience different symptoms during the detox process, so creating individualized treatment plans is a crucial component of our Pennsylvania treatment centers. From heroin addiction rehab to prescription drug addiction treatment, detox and rehabilitation is not a one-size-fits-all process. At our drug rehab in Pennsylvania, we believe that a medical detoxification is essential to beginning recovery in a safe and comfortable fashion.
What Happens During Detox?
The first step at our drug and alcohol detox center in Pennsylvania will be a full assessment of the patient’s medical history and drug use before the detox begins. This way the medical staff can get the best picture possible of how their detox program will look.
Our addiction detox center provides 24-hour support to monitor the patient’s withdrawal symptoms during the detox process to ensure a high quality of care is rendered at all times. During this phase of treatment, our doctors use medications to assist the detoxification process and provide relief to our patients’ acute physical symptoms. Detoxing at home can be very dangerous and uncomfortable, as withdrawal symptoms are not properly cared for.
Secondary issues are sometimes present or may develop during detox. Oftentimes patients come to our drug and alcohol detox center with other medical conditions, that may or may not be related to their addiction. When these other ailments are present, our medical team will treat them or make referrals to other medical professionals if necessary.
All patients admitted to our detox unit remain there until medically cleared by our doctors and medical team. A patient experiencing more severe withdrawal symptoms will stay in detox longer so their discomfort can be properly managed until it subsides.
Withdrawal Symptoms Associated with Detoxification
Whether you are looking for an alcohol detox center or a meth detox center, our detoxification programs in Pennsylvania are specifically designed to treat the withdrawal symptoms resulting from substance abuse. Below is a list of the addictions we treat at Clearbrook Treatment Centers, and the withdrawal symptoms associated with each chemical.
- Alcohol – Anxiety, sweating, nausea, vomiting, insomnia, convulsions, seizures, tremors and hallucinations
- Cocaine/Crack – Depression, irritability, anxiety, agitation, paranoia, loss of appetite
- Heroin – Vomiting, diarrhea, muscle and bone pain, restless legs, body chills, sweating, insomnia, anxiety, irritability
- Prescription Pills – Irritability, anxiety, sweating, memory problems, heart palpitations, hand tremors, seizures
- Opiates – Sleep disturbance, loss of appetite, diarrhea, vomiting, muscle and joint pain, anxiety, body chills, sweating
- Methamphetamines – Lack of energy, severe depression, hallucinations, anxiety, cravings, obsessions
- Ecstasy/Hallucinogens – Depression, anxiety, paranoia, insomnia, agitation, cravings, obsessions, poor memory
- Marijuana – Anxiety, agitation, loss of appetite, obsession, cravings, insomnia
- Spice/Synthetic Marijuana – Lethargy, nausea, vomiting, anxiety, excessive sweating, cravings, suicidal thoughts/actions, violent behavior
- Bath Salts/Flakka – Fatigue, anxiety, irritability, aggression, violent outbursts, depression, lack in focus
- Suboxone – Insomnia, body aches, restless legs, anxiety, depression, vomiting, diarrhea, cravings, frustration/agitation
Beyond Our Detoxification Programs in Pennsylvania
Detox is only the first step on the road to comprehensive recovery. At our drug and alcohol detox center, your addiction treatment continues after the detoxification phase is complete. Part of our Pennsylvania drug treatment plan is providing patients with the tools necessary to maintain abstinence from drugs and alcohol. Before leaving our drug and alcohol treatment facility, each patient will engage in one-on-one therapy, small groups, relapse prevention education, family educational lectures, and an introduction to the 12-step philosophy.
We work to provide our patients with a life that is happy, fulfilling, and free from addiction. If you’re ready to get on the road to recovery, know that there is help available. Our rehab centers in Pennsylvania will put you on the right track towards long-lasting sobriety and healthier living. You do not have to be alone any longer. Contact our inpatient detox center in Pennsylvania to get more information and to get started.