Heroin Abuse Epidemic
An estimated 16 million people in the world are on some form of opiate. About 11 million people abuse heroin, one of the purest and deadliest opiates in the world. In the United States, specifically in the northeast, heroin use has become an epidemic not only among adults but our teenagers and children too. Heroin accounts for more overdose deaths than any other street drug. Heroin is either snorted, smoked, or most commonly, injected by using a needle or syringe.
Signs & Symptoms of Heroin Abuse
- Constricted Pupils– Blacks of the eyes appear like pinholes.
- “Nodding Off”– The abuser goes from being alert to just “nodding off” or appearing to fall asleep.
- Finding Needles or Syringes
- Burned Spoons– The addict uses the heroin and water in a spoon, heats it up, for preparation to put into their needle.
- Burned Aluminum Foil– Heroin is burned in the foil and the fumes that come off the aluminum foil are smoked.
- Legal Issues-Because of being so highly addictive and expensive an addict will go to any means to obtain heroin. DUI, theft charges, prostitution, and missing money and valuables at home are some legal problems.
Heroin Addiction Treatment at Clearbrook
When an addict is coming off heroin, severe withdrawal symptoms will take place. Vomiting and diarrhea, muscle and bone pain, insomnia, anxiety, and irritability will begin to happen. These symptoms can start to happen within hours of their last dose of heroin. The severity of heroin withdrawal without proper treatment is the number one reason the addict relapses. This is why getting into a heroin rehab or heroin addiction treatment center immediately is of the utmost importance.
At Clearbrook Treatment Centers, we have been treating heroin addiction since 1972. You will have a closely monitored full medical detox coupled with a 28-day treatment program focusing on relapse prevention. Before you even step foot into Clearbrook, a plan is set in place for the person suffering from heroin addiction immediately after your first phone call.
Clearbrook Treatment Centers is a Pennsylvania heroin rehab with decades of experience providing your loved ones with a safe heroin detox and attentive inpatient care. Our caring and experienced staff with help your loved ones toward the path of clean living. Our heroin detox has been helping patients to safely stop using, while our inpatient center will help the addict build the foundation and instill the habits to move forward from heroin addiction.
Our dedicated and knowledgeable staff is available 24 hours a day to answer your questions regarding our PA heroin rehab and how we can best serve you. You are not alone, and help is available. Contact us today to learn more.