Our Clearbrook Massachusetts rehab provides a leading-edge inpatient anxiety treatment program designed to offer intensive and specialized care for individuals facing debilitating symptoms. Our residential facility is distinguished by its commitment to delivering thorough, evidence-based treatments within a structured and supportive environment. Our expert team understands that anxiety can profoundly disrupt your life, and our mission is to provide a highly individualized, medically informed approach to care. Keep reading to learn how our anxiety treatment center in Massachusetts can guide you toward a path of healing and recovery and ensure that you receive the highest standard of care throughout your journey to reclaim your mental well-being.
How Do Doctors Diagnose Anxiety?
Doctors diagnose anxiety by administering a psychological evaluation. The healthcare professional will ask questions about your family history of mental illness and your symptoms. Specifically, they may ask about how severe symptoms have been, how long they’ve lasted, whether they’ve occurred before, and, if so, how they were treated. The doctor may also ask you to complete a questionnaire to get a better idea of your symptoms.
It’s common for other disorders like post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and eating disorders to co-occur with anxiety disorders, which is why the doctor may ask questions that allow him or her to determine whether another condition could be affecting you. After the healthcare professional assesses your symptoms and family history of mental illness, he or she conducts a feedback session, during which you and the doctor discuss the diagnosis and treatment options.
Additionally, many doctors use the anxiety criteria in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5) to diagnose anxiety disorders, which include:1
- Excessive anxiety and worry (apprehensive expectation), occurring more days than not for at least 6 months, about several events or activities (such as work or school performance).
- The person finds it difficult to control the worry.
- The anxiety and worry are associated with three or more of the following six symptoms (with at least some symptoms present for more days than not for the past 6 months):
- Restlessness or feeling keyed up or on edge
- Being easily fatigued
- Difficulty concentrating or mind going blank
- Muscle tension
- Sleep disturbance (difficulty falling or staying asleep, or restless unsatisfying sleep)
- The disturbance is not better explained by another mental disorder.
- The disturbance is not attributable to the physiological effects of a substance (e.g., a drug of abuse, a medication) or another medical condition (e.g., hyperthyroidism).
Keep in mind that anxiety may manifest in individuals in various ways, and the nature of symptoms may also vary. If you or someone you care about is exhibiting any signs of anxiety disorder, seek out medical advice. Our behavioral health experts offer anxiety diagnosis services and treatment that can aid in long-term recovery.
What Is Inpatient Anxiety Treatment?
Inpatient anxiety treatment, also known as residential anxiety treatment, is a specialized mental health care program that offers intensive, round-the-clock care and support for individuals struggling with severe anxiety disorders. This level of mental health care is typically recommended when symptoms are significantly impairing a person’s ability to function in daily life or when outpatient therapies have proven insufficient in treating the individual.
At inpatient anxiety treatment centers, clients reside within a controlled therapeutic environment for a specified duration, which can range from several weeks to several months, depending on the severity of their condition. This comprehensive and intensive therapeutic approach is designed to address severe anxiety disorders by providing a highly supportive and structured environment. It aims to stabilize acute symptoms, equip individuals with essential coping skills, and facilitate the path to long-term recovery and improved quality of life.
What Our Anxiety Treatment Center Offers
Our mental health care facility offers depression and anxiety treatment programs that address severe symptoms in a controlled, comfortable, and peaceful setting. Let by a team of highly trained and experienced experts, the primary objectives of our Massachusetts anxiety treatment center are as follows:
- Stabilizing symptoms: Our initial focus is to stabilize acute anxiety symptoms, which may include severe panic attacks, debilitating phobias, or obsessive-compulsive behaviors. This is achieved through a combination of anxiety medication management, psychotherapy, and other therapeutic interventions.
- Provide structured therapy: Our residential programs offer structured and intensive therapy sessions, including individual counseling, group therapy, and sometimes family therapy, to address the root causes of anxiety, teach coping strategies, and provide essential skills for managing anxiety outside of treatment.
- Medication management: Our psychiatrists and medical professionals closely monitor and adjust medication regimens as needed. Medications, such as antidepressants or anti-anxiety medications, may be prescribed to alleviate symptoms and support the overall treatment plan and should always be monitored by a healthcare provider to ensure the individual’s regimen is effective and safe.
- Develop a daily routine: Our team also helps patients establish a daily routine that includes various therapeutic activities, such as cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), exposure therapy, relaxation techniques, and mindfulness practices. This structured approach helps individuals develop healthier habits and coping mechanisms.
- Supportive environment: Patients receive continuous support from our mental health professionals, including psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, and nurses. This team provides guidance, encouragement, and supervision throughout the treatment process.
- Peer support and group therapy: Interacting with others who share similar challenges can be highly beneficial. Our group therapy sessions allow clients to connect with peers, share experiences, and learn from one another’s experiences in recovery.
- Transition planning: As individuals progress and demonstrate improved symptom management, our treatment team collaborates with the individual to develop a personalized aftercare plan, which may include outpatient therapy, support groups, and ongoing medication management.
Our residential anxiety treatment is a comprehensive and intensive therapeutic approach designed to address severe anxiety disorders in a highly supportive and structured environment. We aim to stabilize acute symptoms, equip clients with essential coping skills, and facilitate the path to long-term recovery and improved quality of life.
Inpatient Anxiety Treatment Near Me
If you or a loved one is struggling with anxiety and seeking the highest standard of care, don’t hesitate to call.
Contact Clearbrook Treatment Centers Massachusetts today to find out more about our residential mental health care and how we can provide you with the evidence-based, compassionate support you need to regain control of your life.