Clearbrook’s Pay It Forward Academic Scholarship
Clearbrook Treatment Centers, has been a leading provider in drug and alcohol treatment since 1972. Thus, we understand the importance of giving back to others and helping those in need. While this is especially so for the individuals that suffer from the disease of addiction and their families, we also believe in giving back to the community as a whole.
For those that may not understand addiction, it is generally understood as a selfish disease. Addicts and alcoholics continue to take from the people around them and from life in general. The goal of recovery is to become selfless, make amends with the ones they have harmed, and give back to those still suffering. We have a saying in recovery, “We only keep what we have, by giving it away.” Meaning, we can only stay sober if we share our experiences with the person who is new to recovery. So we ask ourselves, “Am I packing something new into the stream of life, or am I just taking from life?”
For that reason, Clearbrook is pleased to announce its first annual academic scholarship. While it is our goal to pay it forward, we hope that our contribution will inevitably continue the cycle of “packing something new into the stream of life.” The Clearbrook team understands the difficultly of affording higher education. From tuition, to room and board, to books and materials, college can be quite expensive. The Pay It Forward scholarship is available to anyone who applies, and the winner will be determined pending review from our staff.
Clearbrook Treatment Centers is offering this academic scholarship to any current college students in the United States who fit all required criteria. Each student who wishes to participate, must write a 1000 word essay describing how they plan to use their college degree to pack something new into the stream of life.
In the words of John F. Kennedy…”Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.”
How to Apply for the Pay It Forward Academic Scholarship
Students who wish to apply, must meet the following criteria:
- Each student must either be currently enrolled as a full-time college student, or a high school senior who has been formally accepted by an accredited university or college, and enrolled full-time for the 2018 Fall semester.
- Students must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Write and Submit an essay (1000 word minimum) describing how they plan to use their college degree to pack something new into the stream of life.
- The essay should be written solely on the topic provided!
- Explain/Describe how you plan to use your college degree to pack something new into the stream of life. In other words, how do you plan to give back with your college education?
- All content in the essay must be original. If you plan to use references from recognized sites (absolutely NO Wikipedia or similar type of resources), journals, scholarly articles, etc., be sure to include that in your essay and cite them properly. Any submissions which are plagiarized and not authentic, will be IMMEDIATELY disqualified.
- Complete your essay in Word Format using 12 point font
- You must also attach a copy of your most recent transcript. This is to show full-time attendance and GPA.
- There are no age limitations for application and submission.
***SCROLL DOWN FOR SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM ***
When Will the Winner be Determined?
Each submission is due by 12:00 am EST on July 1, 2018. Any late submissions will be automatically disqualified.
The winning recipient will be determined and announced on or before July 31, 2018. This scholarship will be applied to the 2018 Fall Semester of the winner’s university or college. The winning scholarship will be sent directly to the institution’s financial aid office, in the amount of $1000.
Each winner is only eligible to receive the scholarship one time!
If you have submitted an essay previously, but were not the winning recipient, you are eligible to apply again, but with new and original content. If you have submitted an essay in the past, but were disqualified due to plagiarism, you are no longer eligible to apply for any future scholarships and awards given by Clearbrook Treatment Centers.
***SCROLL DOWN FOR SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM ***
Additional Information & Questions
Once again, Clearbrook Treatment Centers will review and announce a winner on or before July 1, 2018. Remember to submit your essays by 12:00 am (midnight) EST (Eastern Standard Time) on July 1, 2018!!
If you have any additional questions in regards to the Pay It Forward academic scholarship, please do not hesitate to contact us via email at email@example.com. We are happy to answer questions you may have and assist you in any way we can.
Also, please don’t forget to check us out on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and of course, our website. Even if you don’t happen to struggle with addiction, there’s a good chance that someone you know or love does. If you, a friend or family member is ever in need of treatment, know that we are here to help.
Disclaimer: All information provided by the candidates will be solely used for reviewing applications and will NOT be used for any commercial or marketing purposes.